The high prices at the pump have some people looking at taking a staycation.
In a new Ipsos survey, 52% of British Columbians said that rising costs of fuel is likely to impact their summer road trip plans – with 27% even considering changing their existing plans because of high prices at the pump.
These are some of the other results:
- 78% of Canadians factor the estimated costs for fuel when developing their vacation budget and unfortunately this summer, the numbers just aren’t adding up.
- 52% of British Columbians say high gas prices are making it less likely that they will take a summer road trip this year.
- 27% of British Columbiansare even considering changing their existing plans because of the high prices at the pump.
- 62% say among things impacted by rising gas prices, not only does this apply to vacations, but also to general household finances.
- 40% of Canadians are currently considering more fuel efficient electrified vehicles
- 52% of Canadians are likely to purchase an electrified vehicle in the next five years.
The survey was conducted on behalf of Toyota Canada.
The post High gas prices steering B.C. residents off the road for summer vacation appeared first on Vancouver Is Awesome.